The Microsoft Student Advantage Program allows UNC Charlotte students to have a free subscription to Office 365 ProPlus while they are actively enrolled as students.
Microsoft Office aims to provide a comprehensive set of tools to collect and consolidate any type of information; a quick and easy way to share critical information with others.
When logging into Office 365 for the first time you will need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Office.com/GetOffice365
- Click on the "Find out if you are eligible" button
- Enter your @uncc.edu email address and follow the instructions
Once you've followed the steps above for your first login, you can simply download and install the software on your home computer by following these steps:
- Log out of any personal Microsoft Live or Hotmail accounts
- Visit login.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your UNC Charlotte email address
- Press the Tab key. This will redirect you to a UNC Charlotte website
- Once redirected, enter your NinerNET username and password
- Click Sign In. This will take you to the Microsoft Office installation page
- Click Install
- Note: If installing on a Windows Operating System (OS), you will need to select the version; 32-bit or 64-bit before clicking Install. If using a 64-bit OS, you will need to click on Advanced so you can choose 64-bit from the dropdown.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation
Once Office 365 is installed, it checks in with the Office Licensing Service once a day for changes in activation. There must be a successful connection at least once a month.
For more information about the Microsoft Office applications, click here.